Your garage helps to protect your vehicles and other valuable items that aren’t ideal for storing in the house. If your garage door isn’t working properly, it can result in stolen or damaged items, loud noises, and an overall sense of panic knowing your vehicle isn’t protected.
Some overhead garage door repairs near Athens, GA can be completed with little-to-no previous garage door knowledge. Others may require calling our team at Select Door Service for hands-on assistance.
When to Do It Yourself
If you notice any of the following issues with your residential garage door, consider making the fix yourself.
- Rattling garage doors typically indicate that a bolt, hinge, or nut needs to be tightened. If you can pinpoint where the loose piece is, try tightening it to see if this resolves the issue.
- Creaking or high-pitched noises when your garage door opens or closes means a little bit of extra lubricant may be necessary. Head to your local hardware store to purchase a garage-specific lubricant to grease up the folds and connecting joints of your door.
- The batteries in your sensor or remote may need to be changed occasionally. If you are still having issues with your sensor, make sure there isn’t a layer of dust that’s accumulated across the bottom of your garage door. This can impact the door’s ability to close. If you’ve changed the batteries and cleared the sensor pathway but you are still experiencing issues, call our garage door company in Athens.
When to Call a Pro
Some garage door repairs are best left to our professionals who have the training, skills, and equipment to get the job done right.
- Issues with your tracks should be left to the pros. You may notice that your tracks are filled with debris or they may be off-center. The tracks play an integral role in moving your garage door up and down, so this isn’t an area you want to handle yourself. Doing so may be dangerous and cause additional damage.
- Springs are also vital to the operation of your garage door. Always call a garage door professional instead.
- Openers can be complicated and tricky to fix on your own.
Select Door Service Can Help!
There’s no better team for your residential or commercial garage door needs than Select Door Service. Our in-depth understanding of garages combined with our passion and advanced technology make us one of the go-to garage contractors in Athens and surrounding areas. Call us today to schedule our next available appointment.